Monday, January 15, 2007

Now..

I pay for those I wish to protect
And they pay through their ignorance
That I would die for you, and you not realise?

Am I a fool to take on your burdens?
You have taught me to be so foolish then.
I blame you and I thank you for a lot of who I am
But please understand that you aren't fully responsible any longer

I am a product of all that has touched me,
And the world has touched me,
Despite your efforts to keep me safe.
You no longer know what is best for me.
I know this is hard to understand.

I believe in things which you have not taught me
And don't believe in things you have.

This umbilical cord exists only in your mind...
It has long since been cut.


--------------
"Time takes too much time,
Please make the waiting stop"
Moloko - 'The Time is Now'

6 comments:

Bob said...

I admire your frankness.

Paul said...

Yes - tis high time for thee to turn over a new leaf then - and so, from mine goodly blog to yourn, in swift reply to thine comment thereupon:

"Leila - Where hast thou been, then? Though oceans and continents plus two or three decades may seperate us, what of it? And so I pen:

Leila in Lilac

Leila in lilac
Leila in lavender
Leila sounds playful
And wise;
Leila’s beguiling,
She’s wily yet charming,
I lack only Leila and wine.
Please drop thy hanky,
I will not add “panky,”
To enter the joust
On my blog.
I’ll try to judge fairly,
By poesy, but really:
Mona Lisa to Leila’s a frog."

rauf said...

It doesn't take much time to change our attitudes, there should be willingness to change.

Lyrically speaking said...

This was creatively written with passion, good job!

Paul said...

I appreciate that, Lyrically Speaking; yet frankly speaking, twas, alas, the fair Leila, a lithesome lass whose double Ls resound like bells, whose compliments I lack.

Leila said...

Percival -

Think not that your words go unappreciated,
Alas, Time grants me no time to think, and less to write..