Friday, October 05, 2007

I drove home in the pouring rain. Always gets my mind working overtime. I call it cosy weather,just makes me want to snuggle. It took me forever to get home, not least of all because half of the traffic lights were out, and I maintain that people can't drive in the rain. But beyond the broken-light-traffic, the roads were pretty empty. It was sunny when I left this morning, but as soon as a grey cloud's spotted, people stay at home. It's awfully strange.


It's easy to assume things you would like to think, and thus important in my opinion to stop and ask a neutral person whether or not you're being rational at times. So I do. However I do suspect that oftentimes people give me the answer they know I seek. Who will ever know? You can only ask the question, never guarantee that you get the truth for an answer. I've heard that the way to avoid fatal assumption-making is to ask the truth, but I don't think that it'salways as easy as that, and not because I'm scared, but because people hide the truth, even from themselves sometimes. Well, above and beyond everything else, we can only try do our best.

I have a headache, I never have headaches. Tonight I seem to be on a lot of peoples' minds. I wonder what is causing both phenomenoms. I can't help but believe what I feel with ultimate conviction. I'm happpy, I have managed to escape the prison-cell of my mind, my feetare now on the floor again. It feels good to be grounded, it feels good to be washed clean. It feels good to feel safe again, to feel secure, to feel unshakeable, rooted like the trees I admire so.


Tied to the testing of wills, where my heart breaks and spills
Left to the sight of the sky, in your arms I'm defined
Thrown to the wolves in the minds of your enemies,
in the minds of your enemies
And I'm stone in the eyes of your foolishness

funeral for a friend - juneau

1 comment:

Big Ben said...

I'm glad your feet have hit the ground, my head has hit a few too many things.