Sunday, April 19, 2009

Is it right
To pull me up on mistakes

that are one in a hundred

Is it fair
To fail me on things you weren't testing me on

I am scared
Again
You scare me so

And this heavy sinking feeling in my stomach
Might pull me down and drown me
If you don't save me
You

If you know I am not selfish
why do you pull me up on things that make me selfish
When it is a weak point of mine
When I constantly wonder if I am selfish or not
And you are the one who needs to reassure me
You do but everytime you did now means nothing
Because of what you just said

Why do you remember things that I do not

Why do you cry more than me
And make me feel guilty
For crying and making you feel guilty
And for your tears
But you're so pretty when you cry

I just want to be perfect to you
The only person who I need to be perfect for
But you call me imperfect

You
make
me
feel
weak

I am so weak for loving you
So weak for forgiving you
So weak

I will forgive you one thousand times
Without you asking
I fear I may have to beg for yours

and one thousand times I will upset you
Because of my mistakes

Do I make them too often
Or do you just wait for them

My heart, it is heavy

2 comments:

celticgirl said...

Sigh..I have forgiven him too many times, too.
Hugs

Leila said...

it may have been me who needed forgiving :)
Thanks :)