Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Something inside me tells me it is time to write - I know not what. Maybe if I keep fingers to keypad for long enough the reason will make itself clear to me?
 
I cultivated some understanding today. About pride. I can honestly say that after today I believe it is something in our genes, our blood. For I know my fierce self-pride is justified, but all the same I am aware that should it not be justified, I would feel proud nonetheless. This is my revelation for today. The question is whether it is a good trait, or a bad one? Or maybe the question is whether the previous question is viable?
 
I discovered too, the other day, that I learn through questions. It is not my choice to subscribe to any one philosophy completely, but rather dabble in many and open more questions for my ever hungry mind. Youth could not abide these questions, and with frustration searched for answers... I submit that this is a flaw which most of us experience, yet few of us overcome. It is in learning to embrace the questions that I have found peace, ironically. Not in finding the answers.
 
I have always believed, for some unknown reason, that everything in life meets its opposite, if opposite ends are both taken to extremes. That every extreme, in other words, becomes its opposite. It is something I have sometimes strived to understand, but is more of an inward knowing. So, could this inward knowledge have been there for the purpose of teaching me that any question, taken to its extreme, is an answer in itself? It sounds very far-fetched and abstract, and I do not quite understand it, but I definitely like this idea.
 
I live to teach others, for it is hard to take ones own wisdom and apply it. In teaching another, one often finds that that person turns around and teaches me my own lesson, but coming from another's mouth, I finally understand.
 
"Happiness....is more precious than wealth"

2 comments:

Prakash Babu said...

lovely writings....

i accept your words 100%. it the gene bahaviour which triggers our innerself to think in a pattern.

if you think to yourself why at all a particular thought arises in our minds, the origination of thoughts, why, how, what makes us think in this fashion......we have to narrow down to our gene, pedigree.

anger, pride, conveying affection, most of the vital emotional patterns are reflections of our gene code.

so 95% of our qualities are prepackaged ever since our existence in our mom's womb. we only try to fine tune the balance 5% on every walk of our life.

keep writing....i am getting hooked on to your site....dont know why....probably similairty in thinking pattern...may be....

Clockworkchris said...

this was my wedding anniversary and I just liked the last quote.
:)