Monday, February 16, 2009

bubblegumdroplets

its not the i love you in the morning
or the rose that's just the right colour
it's not the way you tell me i'm gorgeous
or that you're the perfect lover

it's when i'm innocently walking
and you fart next to me
and i can smell it
and that not even the shower is sacred
it's the way you only take ten seconds-
to do the important things
its the bathroom floor and the litter you leave there
its the way you can dress like a hobo
and i won't care
it's the spicy food that makes your eyebrows sweat
and the way you let me make you wear an alice band
if you can call it an alex band
the way you pinch or bite me too hard and hurt me
or massage my (sore) knee and almost paralyze me
the way you interrogate your gran about me
and how your feet are always dirty
but you insist on putting them near me
its the way you try to rob me of sugars in my tea
and how you pat my head when i wee
its how your cat scratches me
the dogs ignore me
you finish all the m&m's
that's how i know you love me

No comments: