Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Blogging, eh?

Blogging.
Sounds easy enough... everyone's doing it, aren't they? Humph. So I decide to get my own- Well when your English teacher praises you as a gift from the Gods you start to think that maybe you can write. So you go out and set your stuff loose on the world. See what others think of your stuff, get some recognition.

I'm only beginning to learn that life is very different from school. It's a rough world out there, and quite frankly, I'm a nobody. Yep. Nobody reads my blog, nobody really cares what I have to say. And no, I'm not feeling sorry for myself or being pessimistic. I'm just saying. That's the truth and you gotta accept it. Whether you like it or not.

So here it starts. My blog. Not like I'm gonna change the world with my writing but in some little way, maybe this will make a difference. I dunno, wishful thinking maybe- but you gotta have hope.

So I read all the help sites and whatnot, I read the dos and don'ts, and I'm all set. I've been warned that first posts are usually pretty rubbish- so if you're reading this and you don't like it don't be too discouraged. This is the only beginning, everything has to start somewhere.

Later.

4 comments:

Stevie P said...

Dude... you got to think positive and that you can change the world... aim high; shoot low and you'll hit somewhere in between!! :)

Leila said...

Hey Beth And Dan!

Yeh 'tis a looong way!
The weather over here is absolutely boiling, I'd switch places with you anyday! Highs of 39 degrees celcius.

Leila said...

Thanks Stevie P. You know, it's not that I'm being negative, more like realistic. I'm a pretty positive person you know, but thanks will bear it in mind!

Valerie said...

Ella,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I actually had to go back and edit it - had a few comments to add. I was curious if you had a specific site in mind where I could get the birth-chart done. I found a few sites, but they all were for profit. They didn't really give you much data unless you bought something. Also, I was curious the title of the book you read.

Val