Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Cruelty to animals

Went to an animal adoption agency today, to go see if we could find another dog to adopt, because recently my Maltese (Sammy) died of old age and my Border Collie (Holly) is lonely. We adopted Sammy from the SPCA so we thought we'd adopt another one in his memory.

Besides, it's not fair to buy a new dog when there are so many innocent dogs that need to be given a home, is it?

So we drove for what seemed like ages and got there and it stank- I mean literally. They have a policy at this place not to put animals to sleep like the SPCA does- and it got me wondering... Is that right? Personally I think it is spot on, but it could be argued that they don't have much of a life being cooped up in cages. But they're living, they're breathing- isn't that better than not?

No comments: