Friday, June 22, 2007

Breathe

Well it has been said, that when times get tough, all you have to do is breathe. And it will get you through.

I'm breathing, and it still hurts.

When you feel pain, or stress, or sorrow, or fear... just remember to breathe. So long as you breathe through it you will get through it.

"Remember to breathe...and everything, will be okay" *

That was my favourite song years before I was introduced to the art of breathing in yoga. That's got to mean something, right?

I always notice that when I'm avoiding an accident while driving, when I have to brake really suddenly - when I've finally stopped the car and successfully avoided the accident, I stop holding my breath. And I think, gosh, I've been holding my breath. In times of great stress thats what we do..

So I'm breathing, and I'm breathing. And I'm calming myself down. It will be okay. It always becomes okay at some point. I just have to wait, right? So I'm ignoring this pain in my heart, I'm waiting, I'm breathing. Everything will be okay.

Everything will be okay.

----

* Dashboard Confessional - Remember to breathe

3 comments:

-Papa said...

Don't just breathe Leila, be conscious of what you're feeling, acknowledge those emotions, don't suppress them. When you're consciously aware of what you're feeling the energy there is free to move, and you start moving forward. If you focus only on your breathing and don't acknowledge the emotions it becomes a form of suppression, and the emotions, that energy, gets bottled up and things get worse.

I've experienced what you have while driving, a near fatal accident, and my breathing has stopped as well. This happens because you're suddenly in the moment, suddenly awake, and the mind stops. The mind and breathing are interconnected, and if you suddenly stop breathing, your mind stops moving as well, until you start thinking that is.

Romeo Morningwood said...

On Thursday I was speaking to someone at a party who was from Joburg who told me about some of the dangerous aspects of driving a car in your area..YIKES.

I would be a wreck watching my back all of the time. Do you ever get to exhale? Driving is stressful enough without worrying about getting jacked.

I had just missed a collision with a bear out on the highway on Wednesday. I remember that heart in the throat feeling!! Yikes.

I'm glad that you're exhaling and letting the nerves relax.
What a coincidence I am listening to Dashboard Confessional..So Impossible,..
"do you do you like dreaming of things
so impossible or only the practical
or ever the wild or waiting through all your bad bad days
just to end them with
someone you care about
and do you like making out
and long drives and brown eyes
and guys that just
don't quite fit in
yeah do you like them
So yes, I'll see you there.'

Gledwood said...

".. all you have to do is breathe and that will get you through .."?? That's like saying your own beating heart will get you through because if it doesn't happen not only will you not get through you're dead!! I know that controlling your breathing does have some effect upon the mood, so maybe THAT could get you thru better ... I don't know ...
... have I been here b4? Your blog looks familiar ... I'm at gledwood2.blogspot you will definitely remember it if you've been, well most people do ...
anyway take it easy
& all the best 2u

from

gleds ...