Sunday, June 24, 2007

Coldplay

I don't quite know what I feel anymore, but I have this feeling.. that at this moment coldplay can capture at least some of it. So here goes:

"Fix You"

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

When the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

High up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
If you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...Tears stream down on your face

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

"Swallowed In The Sea"

You cut me down a tree
And brought it back to me
And that's what made me see
Where I was going wrong
You put me on a shelf
And kept me for yourself
I can only blame myself
You can only blame me

And I could write a song
A hundred miles long
Well, that's where I belong
And you belong with me

And I could write it down
Or spread it all around
Get lost and then get found
Or swallowed in the sea

"The Hardest Part"

And the hardest part
Was letting go, not taking part
Was the hardest part

And the strangest thing
Was waiting for that bell to ring
It was the strangest start

I could feel it go down
Bittersweet, I could taste in my mouth
Silver lining the cloud

Oh and I
I wish that I could work it out


"X&Y"

Trying hard to speak and
Fighting with my weak hand
Driven to distraction
So part of the plan
When something is broken
And you try to fix it
Trying to repair it
Any way you can

I'm diving off the deep end
You become my best friend
I wanna love you
But I don't know if I can
I know something is broken
And I'm trying to fix it
Trying to repair it
Any way I can

"Talk"

Oh brother I can't, I can't get through
I've been trying hard to reach you, cause I don't know what to do
Oh brother I can't believe it's true
I'm so scared about the future and I wanna talk to you
Oh I wanna talk to you

You can take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or write a song nobody has sung
Or do something that's never been done

Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?
Tell me how do you feel?
Well I feel like they're talking in a language I don't speak
And they're talking it to me

..

So you don't know were you're going, and you wanna talk
And you feel like you're going where you've been before
You tell anyone who'll listen but you feel ignored
Nothing's really making any sense at all
Let's talk

"What If?"

What if there was no lie
Nothing wrong, nothing right
What if there was no time
And no reason, or rhyme

What if you should decide
That you don't want me there by your side
That you don't want me there in your life

What if I got it wrong
And no poem or song
Could put right what I got wrong
Or make you feel I belong

..

Better than any words I could muster right now.

These lines have always haunted me:

"What if you should decide
That you don't want me there by your side
That you don't want me there in your life?"

Well, what if?

6 comments:

Clockworkchris said...

Hi Lelia, I am surprised to see song lyrics, no doubt I like these and the band in general. I have been very busy recently and not able to do much visiting except returning to people's pages who are commenting. I noticed your new picture. It is very flattering. ;) Hope all is well.

rauf said...

Just get on with your life sweet Laila, you have so much to do in life. nothing should stop you.
yes its a beautiful song.
lots of love

Anonymous said...

one of those moments, you cant bbase your life around someone else, you need to live for your self first.

If you go into any form of relationship just depending on the other it will fall apart, you need to be two complete people before you can be a complete couple:)

Paul said...

Unromantic as this sounds, by my early thirties the best sense I could make of "romantic love" is this:

We're hardwired to not only be physically but mentally attracted to the opposite sex. It's a total psychobiological attraction. And it's all about one thing: Mother Nature doing her best to see to it that we make babies.

Once I came to this conclusion, it didn't make my feelings less intense when they happened, but it did help put them in perspective. And explained why, after a couple years, some major experience of unrequited love would leave me going "What was THAT all about?"

Either you develop a stable long term relationship that's mutually beneficial at a number of levels or you don't. And if you don't, the lost loves don't haunt you forever, they just fade.

Also, in line w/ Aidan's comment, personally I found time alone and facing my own issues was really beneficial at one point in my life. I think if I'd just gone from one relationship to another without interuption I would have become less of a peaceful and complete person in my own right.

rauf said...

hope you are fine Laila

rauf said...

Laila. you OK ?