Sunday, December 14, 2008

Is it selfish
To want to keep her because you love her
Even if she does not love you?

Is it selfish
To force her to stay by declaring yourself upset
When she is doubt-ridden

Is it foolish
To want to be loved
When she is unsure

She just needs a little space
To experience her whole life from here
You don't remember what it was like?
And you, you need to find someone
Who is at the same stage as you.

I tried to explain this to you before
But you thought I was taking the piss
I tried to tell you my doubts
So I could save you from this
But all it achieved was double hurt,
Our hurt when we argued,
And your hurt now

So I won't bother saying I told you so
But I did.

It was never that I wasn't happy for you
It was just I saw too clearly.

1 comment:

Clockworkchris said...

One of the first times I have not understood something, or atleast had my own interpretation. What in the world does it mean when you say
"But you thought I was taking the piss"
Is that like maybe "you thought I was lying, or full of shit?" That would make sense when I think about it but it's just an odd choice of words for me.

I love the next to last stanza because the action or thought of bringing up anything about "I told you so" is doing it, we all do it but it never ceases to make me laugh.