Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thoughts on innocence

Animals and kids I get along with, they like me. If there are kids or animals in the room, they're probably next to me: It's easy with them, I give them love, and they love me back. Simple as that. No secret, no talent or knack for it, they just flock to the person who gives them love and attention.

Guess that's why adults confuse me, because with adults, it isn't like that. You can give an adult love till you're blue in the face, and they might not realise it, or like you. Because somewhere in the process of growing-up we are taught that just because someone loves you, it doesn't make them a good person. Or mean that you have to love them back. What a pity...

Must be that there are more factors to consider when you're grown, but for me, I would rather follow the innocent thought pattern of a child, or the non-existent thought pattern of a dog. If I reciprocate what I recieve from a person, my world should be balanced. I don't suppose even I follow this mantra though, because I have wasted so much love on people who do not return it. Whereas if I were a child, or an animal, I would long since have avoided them.

How curious, the nature of the human.

5 comments:

Donn Coppens said...

Some People SUCK!

Dogs are hardwired to find their slot on the social strata..they can't help it...they need to know where they stand. We interpret this as unconditional love and believe in the altruism gene.

Children have yet to learn how much some people SUCK! Until such time they are just behaving naturally and act accordingly.

This is why I like animals and kids more than the people who SUCK!

V said...

I don't try to love adults.
I give them a piece of my mind. That's giving.
Adults think you expect something in return. At least that's what I think.

Anonymous said...

The humble dog is a mans best friend is it not...
Therein I suppose lies the truth...

Leila said...

Not just some people Don, a lot of people SUCK!

Siegfried, Well I do expect something: the same back...

Anon, only because he is humble?

Clockworkchris said...

I am starting to think I just need to ask you for advice when I have a problem because often when I read what you have written I feel like you are talking to me about my life.

I can win an adult over just as easily as a child, because it's so damn hard for me to do either. A dog or cat will like me just fine.