Saturday, March 25, 2006

Resolutions that I fully intend to keep

Starlight, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may
I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight

It's a new day, a new year. I wish I could promise myself that I will fulfill my resolutions. That they will not go unheeded like so many disregarded ones before. But I do not make promises I cannot keep. I will not.

My mind is a child, eager to learn, young, impressionable. Naive. I am a child still, in so many ways. That child has many things to learn.

Dear child

Do not waste your time on things and people that do not deserve your time.

Be firm of mind, do not let yourself be swayed. Do not be intimidated dear, for you are the sun. And the sun is not intimidated by mere stars, dearest. Didn't you know?

Do not fear that which you do not understand. Endeavor to understand only that which will enrich you. Do not look too hard for what you need child, it will come to you in time. Everything in time.

Understand child - there is always hope. Do not reprimand yourself for hoping too much, congratulate yourself. No matter how dark the night seems, there is always a candle to lead the way ahead, if only you look.

Be careful with your trust, and your love. Do not guard them too jealously though, joy is to be found in sharing.

Know that the greatest love you will ever receive will be firstly from yourself. Love yourself truly and deeply.

Your grandfather has told you not to forsake you parents, ever. Who are you to disobey the words of wisdom delivered with a tear in the eye that conceived him who conceived you?

You do not always know best. Accept that you can be wrong or be doomed to repeat the mistakes of those gone before you.

Believe in what you want. Believe. How can you wish to achieve that which you do not believe in?

Be happy with all that you have, my dear. Do not lust after that which you cannot have. Do not lose sight of that which is within your reach if you extend your arms. Tame your lustful heart, some things you cannot yet have.

It is a new year, child. A new year to do with what you will. You can go where you please, just take your heart and your mind. And keep them pure.


"Bear the pain of longing silently, my heart
For this is the cure." - Rumi

7 comments:

Faltenin said...

Happy New Year, my dear friend.

*kiss*

JM said...

I've already broken many of my resolutions.

Zambo said...

Hey Leila!

You are truly wise beyond your years.

I hope that you are able to do whatever you set your mind to do...

My dad will never grow up and I can see in myself that same quality...I don't know that we ever stop being the child we once were...no matter how much we learn or do...

Take care out there, Leila!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
My inner child's a bedwetting fire starter...

WingWoman said...

magnificent, Leila! Here's to a bright new year...

Leila said...

Dearest Fal, thannk you and i do hope that this year brings you happiness...

Anthony said...

Well said, Leila.

I wish you nothing but happiness and good karma your way.

:)

Rockantzy said...

Those words speak to me as well, very soulful, thanks.