Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My wish for the while

God give me a man who deserves me,
a man who understands me

Give me a man who has depth of character
a man who thinks

Show me a man who truly appreciates me
who knows me and loves me for it
But don't let him know me too well, God
for I fear he would fear me,
as i fear myself
and fear for myself,
I do not want to fear for him.

Give me a man who is happy
but does not take anything for granted
a happy man who knows sadness

Give a man who does not restrict my freedom

Give me a man who is true
who has integrity, honesty
but knows when to lie

Give me a man who can show me
that the world can stop spinning without him there

Show me a man I can trust

Give me a man who is obvious
and yet mysterious

Give me a man with a beautiful soul
A man with an open mind
a curious man
A man who has ambition
and a lust for life

Give me a man I can give myself to without thinking twice
A man who I never have to doubt
A man strong enough to carry

my heart and the burden of my love

A man who I never feel alone with

Give me a man who my head loves as much as my heart
For I don't know which rules me
A man who will never harm my heart

Even if he makes me cry

Give me a man who makes me feel like I have nothing
If I don't have him
And who makes me cry every single time we say goodbye

A man who will alleviate my confusion
or at least acknowledge it
For what it's worth
and feed my hungry heart

A man who will stand by me
Be loyal to me, be faithful
in heart, body and mind
and who enchants me so
that I will be faithful to him too

A man I will always lust for
and who will always lust for me

Give me a man who makes me giddy
But holds me steady
even though he is giddy himself
so if we fall,
we fall together.
He must be strong,despite himself.

Give me a man who makes me wish
I could shout so loud
That the world could hear me
And I would shout that he is mine
Forever.
And I will be his.

A man who is not afraid to change
who is like me,
but not the same
for i wish to look into his eyes every day
and see hope and mystery
a mystery I can trust.

Show me a man like this God
and maybe I will learn what it is
to love a man.

Maybe this man can cure my inevitable loneliness

And God, make sure I glance his way.

17 comments:

e2d said...

Hi Leila!
That sounded like a very sincere prayer...God has to answer that one :)

Faltenin said...

I stand up, I clap very hard, and hand you a rose. Beautiful.

Leila said...

e2d - hey! i really hope so.

faltenin - i'm flattered. oming from you...that's real praise

rauf said...

Very high expectations cause problems Laila, I sincerely hope the your life companion is at least half as poetic as you are. First things first. Under any circumstance you should not be dependant on any one. Do your best to stand on your own feet. Please work hard towards it. I wish what you wish for yourself, hope all your wishes come true.

Anthony said...

Leila;

That was a very honest-filled post. You'll find that person when you least expect - when you're not even looking, I assure you.

As for myself, I've stopped looking. I'm saving the love I have for Natalie Portman.

:)

Leila said...

rauf - i fully intend to always be independant, though inter-dependance does not seem undesirable! thanks

samson & delilah - ur welcome! and i really hope my expectations are not too high...or i'm screwed

antoine - that's what i'm banking on - him appearing out of nowhere...

good luck with natalie ;)

rauf said...

there are some Indian wedding pictures here.

http://whitesroad.blogspot.com/2006/01/all-my-love.html

Big Ben said...

No lust before marriage.

Leila said...

big ben - okaaaaay...?

reaching for a moment - Hey! i think everyone's waiting - but still confident he/she will arrive??

guerilla blogger - that's good to know ;)

JM said...

Wow, that's a tall order.

Leila said...

Jaime - I don't speak Spanish (actually I wish I did, I wanna learn!) but fom what I can gather:

Hi! I 'spose you are from Chile?
Thanks :)

angel jr - I dunno... do you think it's that tall?

Faltenin said...

That's a lovely new photo. And to think you're convinced the boys at school aren't in love with you!!!

;-)

Leila said...

I said that!?

Anonymous said...

I like that. A lot.

Leila said...

Thank you Jenna.

Atila said...

hmm.. its a tall order... but all the best with that!

Clockworkchris said...

I believe that you will find him :)