Monday, June 12, 2006

Happiness

Sometimes everything just seems to make sense. Everything just slots into place...I think I'm having a lucid intervallum. I am so happy right now, I am so at peace. And I don't need anyone or anything to change right now. I think I glimpsed perfection - and I like it. But I'm not going to chase it now, I'm happy just knowing it exists. Wow. I think I know why people get high, if it feels anything like this does.

I know people are going to disappoint me. I know that life is complicated. I know that there are hardships in this life, that I may never find what I am so blindly searching for. But it doesn't bother me. None of it does. I am happy.

I want to bake my happiness in cakes and feed the nation.
I want to brew my happiness in beer and get everyone drunk.
I want to gift-wrap my happiness and give everyone a present.
I want to write my happiness on a pieces of paper and send them away on the ocean in bottles, for everyone to discover.
I want to shout my happiness into the wind so it whispers it to everyone.

Nothing special happened today. I just realised how happy I am, and how I haven't noticed.

12 comments:

Darius said...

About as good as it gets, seems to me -

Zambo said...

Hey Leila!

I'm happy you're happy!

Sounds like you have a glow!

Drink it up, my friend.

As Brian said in "Vanilla Sky", "Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour, and I know the sour"...which I think is a pretty good quote to keep in mind.

Take care out there, Leila!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

rauf said...

Wowwee Laila, me very happy that you are happee. I wish it lasts for ever. Wish you all the joy in the world.

No one disappoints you Laila. It is our expectations of people which let us down. No expectations no disappointment. Sounds easy here but difficult to follow.

Just pass on your joy to your family and friends Laila.

Anthony said...

This is what makes life as beautiful as it is.

:)

Leila said...

thanks guerilla! :D

darius - well...noones complaininf if it gets any better! ;)

zambo - thanks!! and as for the quote - right on :)

kate - glad to hear it!

rauf - yeh, i know that i guess...that i only disappoint myself. but either way i'm sill disappointed...i'm still working on curbing my expectations!

thanks for the wishes on my behalf! i wish them all for you to, i really do!

jesper said...

I know, i know. Not caring is the best feeling ever. Too bad I still care.

And.. how nice of you to try and give your happiness away, too.
Can i have a big slice of that stuff?

Benjamin said...

I have this quote up here from the Dalai Lama which says, 'The basic way to happiness is to cultivate affection and connection with other human beings.'

Maybe that's why you're really happy because this blog really connects with people. It is kind of brilliant. Be modest but be pleased with yourself x

Romeo Morningwood said...

"I'll have what she's having!"

Enjoy the moment. It's wonderful that you are cognizant of your bliss. This too shall pass, and when it does, remember this day and gather hope for it's eventual return.
Thanks for the Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

aaaah ! i so know what you mean by that post ! i have had days like that, when i wake up in the morning, all happy, and hoppity-skippity like a bunny :) and i know that there is no particular reason to it. it's all in the mind. We choose what we want to be, what we want to feel. and i hope you make the choice of happiness everyday :) cheers and more happiness to you

gautami tripathy said...

Ah well, I wish I was your age!

Glad you are happy! May it last forever, girl!

ari4u said...

Hi leila,

Its good to see happy faces, happy souls in this stressful life. Make us want to forget our problems. I definitely agree with others that we are the main reason for our own disappointments and un-happiness. I think it often stems out from our inability to differentiate between our needs and wants. I have realised that it is the 'wants' that often cause unwanted expectations and problems. Besides, you are too young to sulk and be sad. I'm glad you are happy... Way to go... Spread the happiness around and stay this way forever. Your post made me smile... :-)

princessdominique said...

This is one spankin' post! I love it. I can't wait to get my glimpse. It's been eluding me...