Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The sky is beautiful tonight. Like an electric explosion of phantasmic proportions. It's as though someone somewhere were trying to show us the answers by illuminating every last bit of the sky. Like some giant playing a kid's piano where each key he hits lights up...and our sky were his keyboard. Why do I always think it has meaning? If we are just giants playthings - let the giants play.



So here we are, planted, on this unfantastic world beneath the fantastic sky. I hope my giant owner is sympathetic, and that I am worth keeping.



The car is quiet, I have turned the music back on but there is nothing I feel like listening to. And my window is down, the breeze outside is perfect. I think the world could stop right here, right now, and be perfection frozen.



I can still smell him on my hands, though I've washed them a few times now. A sweet smell that catches the back of my nostrils. All I want to do is breathe him in, and keep him there, inside me. Safe from life and everything that might and will change. Or I just won't forget tonight. If only my memory were more reliable, I wouldn't cling to these moments so desperately.



Its getting late, and I should sleep. I hear distant dogs calling and mine yawn-grunting outside my open window. The thunder from this evenings storm is still rolling, over some distant suburb now, not mine. My knee is sore from all the hours I sit cross-legged on this office chair, and the wind is touching my skin through my top.



If I could take what I have and vacuum pack it, I think I might. There is no point to these ramblings, there is no complaining to be done, there is no heartache any more, no mystery tonight, no sadness. Just my brainwaves which seem to have migrated onto a whole new level. And I am happy for them to keep their lodgings, for as long as they will.



So goodnight, world. And thankyou. For giving me luck, happiness and perfection. I shall try and repay my dues, or keep my gratitude at least.

4 comments:

Soulsmith said...

Very nice, I know that feeling, its a weird one.

Clockworkchris said...

Another breath-taking display of raw feeling and emotion with all the reality thrown in that makes you who you are. Keep us updated on this whimsical journy. Liked the post-date part-cute. So not the 5th when posted, I am keeping up much to well to miss it by ten days.

Clockworkchris said...

I'm glad you ejoyed the poem I wrote for you.

Clockworkchris said...

oops, forgot to toot my own horn. I wrote a poem, she read it and knew it was about her. If you think you could tell check here
Ramblings