Monday, October 13, 2008

Here's hoping
That you spare me one night of feeling
Because I can't say no and my feelings scare me
Here's hoping
That you know what you want or that you do not
I do not know which will save me

Suddenly I see so far into the future
and I don't know what to do with it
Here's hoping - Or not hoping -
That sense will catch me when the ground is not solid anymore
Or I try to walk across water to you
Here's hoping - that you do not read this and think me a fool
I'm hoping that I am not.

4 comments:

Walker said...

I don't think you're a fool for being honest and if this is what being a fool is then there are not enough of them in the world

Romeo Morningwood said...

My guess is that he will be tickled pink to know that you're standing on the edge and getting ready to close your eyes and jum....

Clockworkchris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clockworkchris said...

Were you spared the one night of feeling?

I know, I know, it's a poem. Knowing and acting are two different things, but I am sure he knows what he wants; as do you, what you want to do with it; and just in case you better be able to swim if he isn't there to save you.

This was beautiful as always.