Sunday, October 26, 2008

It took me a total of five minutes to leave the house this morning -
Five minutes, from bed to car.
I think it may be a record.

But I'm not proud, because it meant I was late for class,
And maybe it didn't matter,
Maybe it wasn't my fault,
Yeah, my phone was charging and that means the reminder didn't sound
But I should have set an alarm instead of a reminder.

I don't know,
I am reluctant to blame myself for the lack of attention my life and everything in it has been getting lately!
But they have been lacking.
Maybe I shouldn't give so much to begin with,
Then they would not feel the lack...
Is that viable?

I am so full of maybes!

I do not use these pages as my journal,
Not so simply.
Why am I writing like this?
So I can admit to myself,
That my attention has shifted one hundred percent?
And that I would not have it any other way?
Am I being selfish or just enjoying what's there for the taking...?
I always was a bit of a hedonist.

Balance: I should know that better than anyone.

So everyone, just don't think that I am not thinking about it.
I am.

2 comments:

Clockworkchris said...

Still here...without the comments I tend to think no one is reading. You don't seem to have that problem. The readers are the readers, and then the occasional visit from a stranger. I'm good, just busy. Class on Sunday is such a foreign idea I hope it's just the time difference.

Devil Mood said...

You clearly are thinking, perhaps even too much. It's very difficult to find a balance in everything we do, isn't it? think too much or too little, care too much or too little, give too much or too little...it goes on and on.