Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dreams and desires

She said to me, said..
"You need to follow your heart, your passion. You've been doing whats 'right' for too long, now you need to do what you love"
.
Journal, she said - start writing. Write about your hopes, your dreams, your desires.
.
As though writing could sort it all out..
.
My hopes? My desires? They've always been pretty simple. Do you want to know what I see when I look into my future?
.
Let me paint you a picture.
*
A big, square English house, on a large plot - at least an acre! Beautiful garden, hundreds of flowers... ponds... green, green grass... hedges... bushes... courtyards... wise, old trees. Maybe leading onto woods at the bottom, or an orchard, a river.. Just luscious, green, serene, vast. With a view till the sunset. I want to hear the birds, see the birds... Taste the wind, smell the freshness.
*
And my house nestled in the middle of all of this, with dogs bounding around -tails wagging, tongues dripping. And happy, smiling kids running and tumbling in the grass, a house full of people - maybe my parents... a full kitchen: always something on the stove or in the oven! Fresh muffins, scones... biscuits, cakes... and a breakfast table outside under a tree to drink tea and watch the children play. Maybe a greenhouse, with vegetables and herbs!
*
But inside, and most appealing of all - a library, with a fireplace, a rug, hundreds of books on shelves with a sliding ladder, and an armchair, with my favourite man in the whole world seated in it. My heart leaps just to see him, and when his eyes raise to meet mine, his smile melts me. And he'll hold me like he's never going to let go - and I know he won't. Maybe take his hand and walk through the French doors, into the cool evening air... it doesn't matter where we go, and we don't need to say a word, just as long as we're together.
*
I can see it all so vividly, my house full of love. It's all I've ever wanted, and it will be exactly what I have. Seems all this other stuff is just a build-up.
.
I just have to make sure my actions today allow for my dreams to come true tomorrow.

1 comment:

V said...

Nice dreams!
Yes, we all have dreams.