Friday, February 01, 2008

If we weren't what we thought we were
If we weren't anything at all
If this was built on lies
Why are we so scared of this fall

Walking away, again. The hardest thing. It should be, but I'm still numb inside - from the alcohol? - I'm not proud. I'm doomed to be alone because I cannot trust anyone who makes the same promises to me that I could not keep for others. I feel dead, but this internal morning isn't for my doomed soul. It's for losing what I gave so much of myself to keep.

Enough is enough. I will not be lied to.

When I give another more self respect than I give myself, something has to give. Maybe it's love yes.

I love you more than life itself.

It's silly. I don't need Love anymore. Actually, love - it doesn't deserve the capital letter. I am going to make myself scared again. So I can wait. It's too much, too much of a risk. I don't need it when I'm outcomes focused and it can't end well. I need something permanent right now. Anything permanent, because I feel as though my life were a ship on water, constantly moving even when moored. And I can't get off.

I feel sick with the thought of it. But I know I am strong enough to walk away this time. I only wonder briefly if you will try save this, and if you don't, your reasons for giving up? Beyond this vague curiousity, nothing. No tears yet. No tears, for me. I've been crying at every pathetic soap and lame American drama that I have set eyes upon in the last month, but no tears for ths goodbye because you have killed it. You killed it and you don't feel it. I don't feel your feelings anymore - either that or there are none - but it would not be a surprise because I can't even feel my own.

Looking back, reading from years before I see that history has repeated itself. Guess I learn my lessons the hard way, twice.

Seems I exhausted all my options. Maybe the elders were right. Maybe the tarot were right. Maybe just about everyone and everything was right, and I was wrong. Wrong, horribly wrong. I refuse to think about the possibility of just me being right,and everyone else mistaken; I can't regret this tomorrow. I won't.
.
If I don't have trust, there's nothing left.
.
There's nothing left.
***
For so long you danced by the crevice in my mind,
where one more wrong step was your fall
I guess you fell
.
Drink up beautiful
I spiked your cup with angst and a heart attack
Cause I've got so much trapped
And it's all because of you
So I figured you might like some back.
.
But when I see her
I'll tell her what's been on my mind
All these sleepless nights.
She'll recite her excuses
I'll put my tail between these legs of mine
Like I do all the time.
.
I can't live my life, knowing you'll be in his arms
Each time I blink my eyes.
I know what goes on behind my back
Every night
I'm afraid I'll never leave
Afraid I'll never know what's good for me.
.
And now you say that, you say you love me.
Well I may have your heart, but he has your body.
And now you swear that you're being honest,
But you're not honest, you never could be.

.
Bayside - Don't call me Peanut



5 comments:

jesper said...

If you might want something permanent - but not love, which is a wise choice perhaps - well -

have you tried not defining ánything?

it's what i do (for now) and it works.

Leila said...

I tried that once.. it went well. Until the other people involved started defining things.

I mean honestly, how posssible is it to live in THIS world with THIS society and go through life not defining anything.

And for something to be permanent in nature, surely it has to be defined to be such?

V said...

Leila,
What I really think is that you are using the wrong mantras. You keep hypnotizing yourself with love. Which is really more than that. And then self-medicate.
Bad logic. Get rid of it.
Well, men and women don't reason. They feel. That's how we become victims.
Next time you feel something it's nothing but pain. Rejection and loneliness are like that. We feel left out. It's as if we cannot survive on our own.
Use the right mantras. Dominate. Think of hyenas. ;>)

Clockworkchris said...

You have some very intelligent friends Leila. I think for men, not defining things is much easier. It's also why men get called sleezbags and jerks. Well, people who don't make committments in both sexes get stereotyped names that are unfair in many cases. I agree with Siegfried. There was a poem on my father's bathroom wall my entire life. I have read it enough times that I should know it by heart, so I will do my best to write it.
"You are you
And I am I
You are not in this world to live up to my expectations
And I am not in this world to live up to yours
And if by chance we find each other
It's beautiful"

I am sure I messed it up but something like that. Just keep in mind that others mistakes are not your own, and there is no shame in letting go or walking away.

Leila said...

Wrong mantras?
Well I'm not feeling anything. Which is good if all I would be feeling is pain...

Chris - hey :)
I like that, a lot
but as for no shame in walking away, i don't know..