Saturday, February 02, 2008

For you I trust - my morals put to the test
I cry - for this put to rest
And maintain that rain falls to change the pattern

I surrender - my heart, lungs, kidneys
Swallow you whole and let you wash right through me

I can't remember - how the sun tastes
Or my fingers through your hair
I pace lonely corridors in my dreams - you are not there

Submerge myself in this blood just to keep these words flowing
And self-medicate - to keep you from knowing

Because you can't know.

2 comments:

Clockworkchris said...

I love the way you've weaved these words together, but I am fearful because of the mention of self-medication. It can never end well. Take that from more experience that one could imagine. You are in my prayers.

V said...

Well yes, poetry can be better than life itself.