Monday, September 22, 2008

First thoughts on being a warrior.

“For the warrior, there is no such thing as an impossible love”

‘For the warrior, there is not such thing as an impossible love.

He is not intimidated by silence, indifference, or rejection. He knows that, behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.
This is why the warrior takes more risks than other people. He is constantly seeking the love of someone, even if that means often having to hear the word “no”, returning home defeated and feeling rejected in body and soul.

A warrior never gives in to fear when he is searching for what he needs. Without love, he is nothing.”


Paulo Coelho – Manual of The Warrior of Light



I have always known I was a warrior. I do not blindly accept.

Oftentimes I find myself reacting abnormally to situations. Rationalizing differently, or not seeing the need to rationalize when others demand my explanations. They seem not to understand, that sometimes love alone is enough reason.

I am at worst, aggressive, at best, strong. Some of us are born with some innate power, that we must tame. Or it will consume us, control us.

A warrior does not kill the innocent.

One has to have faith in oneself, to protect others, and for anyone else to have faith in them. I believe in myself, and so have found that throughout my few years thus far, people have been able to believe in me, and trust me.

But does a warrior feel pride? For when someone has not trusted me, I have found it hard to handle. But I have grown and instead of fighting my downfalls, I try to acknowledge them.

Understanding that I am a warrior, I seek to control my emotions. But this I struggle with. Few things affect me but those that seldomly do, I take to heart. If without love, I am nothing, then I must accept the shadows that only love can cast across my joy. Without faltering. I do not fall, nor break apart, but you will see through my eyes if my spirit has been wounded.

I know, that I am not the same. And I seek to perfect what I have been landed with, while not fighting my imperfections. Do not look at me one day and think I have always been thus.

I have crafted a mind which runneth like a stream, for the most part smooth and unhindered, helpful and calm.
But my stream meets a river, and seeing the river, is humbled. The river has such strength that he can overcome any animal who attempts crossing: my stream merely trickles.
This warrior acts on gut instinct, and lacks the internal dialogue of the wizard.

This warrior has much to learn.

9 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

The great thing about being a warrior is that you don't waste much time sitting on the fence.
You are proactive and decisive.

Your motto is "BRING IT!"

Clockworkchris said...

Well of course I think this is a nice idea, what Mr. Coelho has to say. That "there is no such thing as impossible love" for a warrior, but there is. Some things cannot be. We must accept it. Example: Me having true love with Drew Barrymore starting today-not possible, completely stupid and impossible even. At one point it sounded cool, but it was a dream. My reality is much better, and yours will be too, just be patient and keep writing.
"Few things affect me but those that seldomly do, I take to heart." I can empathize with this. Also not "blindly accept"ing things or using odd rationalizations for many things I do. Totally with you on this.
Controling your emotions I will caution you with Leila. No one wants to go years without a single tear and bottling things up without a choice. Keep writing and feeling as much as you can. Pain is better than nothing. I honestly believe that. My writing is all the emotion I have, and it will never be enough.

V said...

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Seems to be lost in love. Whatever that means. No time for anything else.

sage said...

I've read three of Coelho's works and have found meaning in them all... But I haven't read "Manuel of the Warrior of Light." Nice reflection on his words.

Leila said...

Donn- good point!

chris - loving drew barrymore wouldnt really fulfill my definition of love, so i would still like to believe the quote.
i know what you mean about the writing not being enough, the people who need to see it never will, the people who do read it will neve understand.. etc

siegfried - you lost in love? :)

sage - thankyou, i haven't read that many, but i don't even have to read the books to find quote i like out of them :)

Clockworkchris said...

Leila,
You obviuosly haven't seen the movie "My Date With Drew" and how obsessed (and there I catch myself and realize yes, obsession, not love) people can be with famous people. Putting her aside with all other famous people, and just including those few I have encountered and loved in my life, not all have been bad. You would never meet the right person if it weren't for the plethera of mistakes you make with all the wrong ones and bad timing with good ones to find what it is you are exactly searching for. Add the good qualities to the list and look for people without the bad ones. Eventually you realize perfection may be impossible, but it's not nearly as hard as you think to meet someone who has every quality you adore, and nothing that bothers you terribly. Then you simplly understand you can only change yourself, no one else. I almost think I could learn to love any woman if a marriage were to be arranged if it came down to it, just a matter of good communication and trust. I have a feeling you will post again soon so I will stop this rant for now.

Clockworkchris said...

We I re-read the quote I agree, there is no such thing as impossible love...yet adding or subtracting from that statement can make it untrue. Love is always possible, but two things that are not meant to be will not be.

Walker said...

A Warrior only fears surrender not defeat.
There is honour in loosing a well fought battle and fate smiles down on the brave who move forward

Gordie said...

I'm loving this. Thank you for bringing it into my life.