Friday, February 24, 2006

A nursery rhyme in A-minor

"It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
He went to bed, and bumped his
head

And couldn't get up in the
morning

Na na na boo boooo"


Oh it's been overcast all day, but I dived in the pool and it was so warm I couldn't believe it. I have this theory that the water's warmer if you don't touch it, just dive right in. Kinda like my theory on life, I guess.

Good things never last, though (nothing ever does so that's kind of an irrelevant thing to say), so after a good fifteen minutes or so we heard the thunder-claps in the distance.

So I got out, and went to shower.

Some grey parrot things are nesting in our thorn tree, much to the supreme delight of the whole family. My sister says they're African Grey Louries, or something like that - I'll have to check.

When I came out the shower it was pouring. No exaggerations. Or should I say it is pouring - I only came out the shower ten minutes ago.

My heart is aching for the birdies.

10 comments:

C said...

Actually nesting?? How cool is that?! Can you get some pics?? My 10 yo would nearly croak of happiness. (total bird nut) Lucky you!

Diving right in is my method, too. :o)

Leila said...

I think they are nesting. I'll try get pic for ya if i do you can be sure i'll post it!

rauf said...

Yes Laila please try to take some pictures and post them.

Rain is not good for nesting I think but they manage, please don't worry.

rauf said...

Thanks for stoppingby Laila

Faltenin said...

Even parrots flock to see you??? Not only bloggers???

Leila said...

Candace and Rauf - you'll be glad to know I managed to get some phots today! I trekked round the garden for hours without a bird in sight but as dusk drew closer they returned home (much to the dismay of my two dogs!.

They are def Grey Louries and def nesting in our tree! This is great :)

Will post photos soon

Leila said...

oh Faltenin, you make me giggle! :)

C said...

Awesome! Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to seeing them! :o)

Walter said...

You dove into the pool, then it started to rain, then you took a shower, and now it's pouring outside. What's with the water theme?

Leila said...

strange, Walter, never noticed till you pointed it out!