Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What do you see... when you look at me?

"What do you see, when you look at me?
Do you take me for a fool?
this fool is through"

This Ride- THE STARTING LINE



I wouldn't mind knowing what people thought of me. But then again sometimes not knowing these things is safer, the last thing we need is more insecurity! Did I just contradict myself? Aah well, I meant both things. I mean, if we knew what people thought of us we could adjust ourselves accordingly. If we wanted to...

I don't mean compromise who we are. I mean things we might want to change but never really noticed. Like "what not to wear", but on more levels.

I could say I don't really care what people think of me, but I don't think that would be very true. 'Cause I think everyone cares to some extent. And I don't want people to think bad of me, even though I want them to accept me for who I am. Oh dear, I don't think I'm making much sense today.

I suppose that's why people go and post their photos up on the net- to see what other people think of them. Without the repurcussions. Yeah, getting dissed on the Net is bad but it doesn't compare to real life. Everything in cyber-life can be taken with a pinch of salt. It's not here and now- it's not solid so you can forget about it easier.

It's like our whole lives revolve around fitting in and not getting rejected, 'cause we're all running scared and reluctant to get hurt.

All comments welcome, as usual.

1 comment:

Steve said...

You make perfect sense to me, Leila...and I think we can all relate to what you are saying. All of us need to see and be seen for who we really are; not loved for being a fake. And, of course, we all want to enjoy the experience of sharing our lives with a person/people we respect, know about intimately, and care about passionately. Love is necessity, yes; but that doesn't make it a weakness.

Thanks for the Rumi link today, btw! :+)