Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Those things you think but never end up saying

I've been wanting to post for a while, but I didn't want to make a half-hearted attempt, so I've kept putting it off till I'm a) not tired b) not busy c) not distracted and d) in the right frame of mind.

No worries, I'm there now. So brace yourself this might be a long one. I'll chapter it so you can skim read - (I'm not gonna pretend I don't do it...)

My dream (ref prev. post)

I did look it up in my dream book. I found nothing of significance...

Drugs - a dream influenced by a subconcious knowledge of the need

Feelings in dreams - may well be that these feelings are repressed

4 - stability, status quo, the four seasons, the four elements being an essential part of the world as we know it to be

An old Persian saying shared with me by my grandfather recently - (translated)

'If a fool throws a stone into a well, a hundred wise men can't get it out.
Why then should a wise man give a fool a stone to throw.'

What it means is:

* One small action can have dire consequences
* You, who understands, should not give ammo to those who are innocent of knowledge
* Certain actions cannot be undone, so it is best not to do them in the first place

He also said to me - everything is temporary, nothing really belongs to us. We live on this earth and while we live here we use certain things, borrowing them for the time that we live. We claim we own land, buildings, cars... land will be passed on to others, buildings demolished, cars do not last forever. Nothing does.

Musings on a childhood passed

Life is so simple for little kids - it's so easy to make them happy. Just make them laugh (yes, that's surprisingly easy too!), buy them something, distract them and they will forget their worries (for good) , employ their curiousity...

Why can't we fix our problems like that?

Lyrics that popped into my head this week for unknown reasons:

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart.
But the very next day, you gave it away.
This year, to save me from tears,
I'll give it to someone special..

Once bitten, twice shy.
I keep my distance,
But you still catch my eye..."

'Last Christmas' - WHAM

Vday (without fanfare, hearts, exclamations)

I don't believe, or not believe in it. I'm not for it, I'm not against it. I officially don't have a standing on Vday.

I refused to spend the day mourning the fact that I am not in love, have never been in love and do not see love coming any time soon.

I also got locked out the house, went to a car showroom, went shopping...not in that specific order...hey, I'll be damned if I even saw a male on Vday! (probably all out with their girlfriends, yeh that makes sense)

'Fortune cookies always wrong' (yes, Aristocats)

I had a fortune cookie and it said something about opportunites being abound in all spheres of life. Sounds right. I dunno, i put it in my pocket so it wouldn't get lost, and it got lost (duh). Well it went in the wash or something. I dunno, and I'm loathe to go find it (for what?)

I think the fortune cookie was stale though (it was soft). But it tasted nice anyway, so go figure.

Wrapping up (this post, not myself)

I had another whole long 'chapter' here - but I knew no-one would last out that long so I have saved it for a rainy day (by the looks of the sky my next post)

So here's one of my fave poems (I only have about 100 or so)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

JRR Tolkien, in case you didn't know.

Over and out fellow bloggers! Love to all, esp those who didn't get any on Vday (count me in)

4 comments:

Walter said...

I concur with your grandfather that nothing material ever lasts. The only thing that does last is faith, hope and love. I'm paraphrasing Paul. Oh, not Paul the Beatle but Paul the Apostle.

Life is simple for little kids since they naturally let go of things and move on. There's a lesson here somewhere I have no idea where..,

Those are nice lyrics to pop into your head. Good thing it wasn't "I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt..," Uh-oh, now that's stuck in my head..,

JM said...

Your grandfather sounds like a very wise person.
I love that song "Last Christmas" and don't let this get out--but I sang it once karaoke for my friends.
I don't really believe in Valentines Day either. But I do wish everyone a Happy one cause they might think the day is special.
I believe that if we stay children in our hearts, we'll forever be young and innocent.

Faltenin said...

You've got me thinking about my own grandfather. Persian as well. I never really knew him, he died too young.

Thanks for giving me words I would have liked to hear him say to me. If I just close my eyes, I can imagine it happened...

Leila said...

walter - does hope last? because it is either realised, or turns into doubt...

angel jr - thank you, i believe he is. yeh i love that song too actually, shame it's a christmas song though! jus' means you can't really sing it all year through

faltenin - was he really? what a strange coincidence! you are most welcome...