Thursday, August 09, 2007

Loneliness

We can't be together, until we learn to be apart.
--
My fear of loneliness is just a symptom of not being ready for a relationship.
----------------------------------------------------

NEVER seek to tell thy love,

Love that never told can be;

For the gentle wind doth move

Silently, invisibly.


I told my love, I told my love,

I told her all my heart,

Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears.

Ah! she did depart!


Soon after she was gone from me,

A traveller came by,

Silently, invisibly:

He took her with a sigh.
William Blake
-------------------------------------------------
Sometimes the best thing to say - is nothing at all

3 comments:

Paul said...

About loneliness - that's been absolutely true in my own experience.

Anonymous said...

To in a complete relationship you need to be two whole people first. Relationships were one "needs" (in a bad sense) always fall apart as one outgrows the other.

Beautiful poem!

Leila said...

It's just so temnpting to succumb to someone wanting to hold you night and day, be with you always, love you, care for you..Well while it lasts.