Monday, August 13, 2007

To sleep, and dream

"To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come"
Shakespeare - Hamlet
---
I dreamt the dreams of a trapped person, of an unworthy person, of disappointment. If dreams are a warning I have been warned to walk away if I want to avoid hurt. But my mortal self fights my immortal dreams, wishing to believe she is stronger. She accredits herself more strength than she is due for regularly, in hopes that pretence held long enough becomes true. That the mind tricketh the body and the conscious overrides the sub-conscious, when she chooses it to.
I wish these dreams never to be repeated, or to steel myself - I daren't say numb myself, for numbness begs extreme pain to test it - against all which they contain.
---
If what I dream is what I feel
I have to let you go
If living is a waking dream
I think that you should know
How alone I feel when I'm with you
Although my hands do roam
And how horribly I shall miss you
When I'm left on my own

No comments: