Sunday, November 18, 2007

Here I am again
Back to the start
Wanting love. but not wanting
Yes I can forget, one of my talents
So I've forgotten, I've moved forward,
But the line I walk on seems to have been a circle
And I'm back in square one

The last place I was completely happy?
Maybe, the last place I had no doubt at all
And thought life could not possible be anymore perfect

Again I do not miss what I don't have
I don't wake with the feeling of being alone
Again the ounce of fear to keep me sane
Let not my fears consume me

I am my own again
And need only myself
I have detached
It's all I can do

So here I am
Wide-eyed and waiting, but not waiting for anyone
I can wait forever
I am happy to
Nothing jolts my heart anymore
And I will protect it like I vowed to and failed
But not forever

*

"If you wish it, wish it now
If you wish it, wish it loud
If you want it, say it now
If you want it, say it loud

We all make mistakes
Here's your lifeline
If you want to, I want to.."

ava - lifeline

2 comments:

V said...

Leila,
We're in the same boat with no chance of seeing salvation. We might as well love one another. ;>)
BTW, Excellent writing!!! Brilliant!!! Keep it up.

Leila said...

ok, deal! :)