Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thoughts on loneliness

So many times you have turned around
and told me I haven't been there for you, that I don't care,
I'm always the talker never the listener

And I,
Reluctant to push too hard and drive you away,
Am gentle
Thinking, that you, like the others
Will come when you're ready
Knowing that I'm here
Thinking that not many people have my unwaivering support
And you are one who has it most
But you never take it
You never turn to me
Though I have turned to you many times
And only you
When noone else could understand or care to listen
I am so grateful
I am so hurt that I cannot be the same for you

I do care

I want to help, I want to make it perfect
I care about you more than many others who you assume I put first
Just let me,
Do you want to be pushed?
I don't know
Do you want me to pursue,
You always back away
And I am not a forceful creature
Or maybe you perceive me to be
And wonder why I do not force you
It isn't from lack of love I can promise you

I am forever feeling guilty
For your perception of me
So I want you to know, I am here for you

Whenever you need me
Just let me know.

3 comments:

V said...

Don't reason with or against emotion. Let it be.
This is wisdom and compassion. And be kind to yourself. Without self-pity.

Leila said...

wise words, sometimes though, you can't just 'let it be'

V said...

Just be aware of it. Feel it. It could be painful. Or it could be pleasurable. Either way, it could be addictive. Don't self-medicate by wallowing in it. Allow it but don't wallow in it.
It might help. ;>)